Thursday, January 2, 2014

Good-bye to 2013 and HELLO to 2014!!!

 
We are thrilled that 2013 is over and hoping that 2014 treats us better!! I am considering 2014 to be our year of fighting cancer, healing, and health. I want to focus on being healthier and make choices that benefit our health!
 
I told you earlier that it's funny how "good news" has a whole new meaning now that I have cancer. After doing some tests to determine if it had spread, all I could do is think and prepare for the worst. I knew that this past year I have felt like ultimate crap! Low and behold it was because of cancer and my body was also starting to go through menopause. I mean, menopause in your late 30s is normal right? I'd wake up with night sweats, have hot flashes, oh ya.....and gained 10+ pounds! Anyway, when we found out my cancer was only Stage II, my husband wanted to celebrate the good news! So he got us tickets to see Blue Man Group in Orlando. Apparently he got seats in the "splash zone" so we had to wear ponchos, but it was a great time and I needed this kind of entertainment. We stayed at the JW that night (thank you Amex points!) and just enjoyed time together. This cancer thing has really changed how we feel about life in general. We go 100mph all day long and work 80-100 hours per week each!  We now make the time in our busy schedule to do more together.   
 
I thought it would be fun to dye my hair a strange/unnatural color. But I also thought I'm not an age where crazy hair is acceptable. Well, I really don't care about what other people think as much as I used to! Before my thinking was that I wouldn't look "professional", but does that really matter? It's just hair, it grows back! So, I went to my salon and they had a great time dying my hair pink. I had a vision that this would be a good conversation starter about cancer and I was right (I love it when I'm right!)! I think it is a fun way to bring awareness to this disease that really sucks. People compliment me all the time and so I tell them it was my last Ooh-Rah before it falls out! Hopefully it gets them thinking about following up on their own cancer screenings, that is my goal! However, I do love it and will probably do it again when I get new hair.....I definitely need to try purple. When I got home from this appointment my mom, sister, and sister-friend all had pink wigs on as my support group.  Super cute, I love these ladies!




I came home to another surprise just a few days before Christmas. My mom had broke into my house (well, she has a key...) and put up a beautiful pink tree full of ornaments! Including butterflies and dragonflies, which are my ultimate favorite. I didn't decorate this year with all the nonsense going on so this was just what I needed to feel right about holidays! I said before that I didn't buy gifts this year, apparently no one else got that memo and they all bought gifts! My husband even made me a pink ribbon trailer hitch for my car. It's made out of diamond plate and its awesome! It is definitely unique and I'm sure he could make a business out of it!


This really was a great Christmas and I am so thankful that my family was here to celebrate.  I made an experimental dinner for dinner that night of prime rib......and it was amazing.  Thankfully it was not awful because we had a good friend joining us and I didn't want to be embarrassed! I also made my first ever batch of pancakes (honey and cinnamon) that morning and they were yummy! Definitely not items I should eat but for the holidays, you kinda have to!
 

I sure do have a lot to be thankful for aside from the cancer nonsense I'm going through. My husband is wonderful and has been more supportive than I expected. I can tell you after I had laser spine surgery 2 years ago, he didn't even make my lunch after the surgery because he was napping! I had to get up in my drugged up stupor and make a PB&J sandwich. He'll never hear the end of that but he sure has been there for me this go around. My sister came down from Tallahassee to visit, which is always a good time. Along with my mom, we went to see the Rockettes show where my niece, Tatum, was in the opening act....amazing! No, Samantha hasn't had any kids.....Tatum is my best friend's daughter and so we're family. My dad came up for the weekend as well since I couldn't make it down there. He's become slightly addicted to hog hunting with Dave so they took care of 8 hogs out on a property we hunt. I spare you those pictures for now!

We have a long road ahead of us and this may be one of our most challenging years we've ever faced. Along with kicking cancer in the ass, we have some goals planned for our companies. If you know us well, then you know that we always like to overfill our schedule. Well, starting this month they are pitching our reality TV show to the networks and I have confidence that we may be interesting to someone out there! You can CLICK THIS LINK to watch our promo video, we hope you like it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, LET'S KICK SOME CANCER ASS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment